Ask a Question
Do you need to complete your 10 hours of consultation for a HAP Basic Training? I can help you reach this goal, and would be honored to work with you. (Feel free to read my bio to learn more about my experience and approach to consultation). Completing an EMDR Basic Training provides an opportunity to transform your practice with a therapeutic approach that is changing the world! As research on EMDR therapy expands, it simply confirms what EMDR therapists have already discovered in their practices, that it is perhaps the most powerful, lasting, and effective therapy available for healing trauma. Becoming an EMDR therapist is not just learning a new tool, it is stepping into an approach that begins a wonderful journey of personal and professional growth. In addition to the basic training workshop, participants in a Trauma Recovery/EMDR HAP Basic Training must complete the following criteria (taken from EMDR-HAP website):
- Each participant must is required to complete 10 hours of consultation
- Each participant/agency needs to arrange for the consultations on his/her own
- Consultant must be registered on the Trauma Recovery/HAP Consultant Directory (I’m listed!)
- Trauma Recovery/HAP “recommends” that participants complete between 4 and 6 hours of consultations between the Weekend 1 and Weekend 2 training events
- Prior to your training, it is required that you read the first eight chapters of Francine Shapiro’s book: “Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, 2nd Edition”. It is recommended that you read Francine Shapiro’s book “Getting Past Your Past”.
- Prior to your EMDR training, it is required that you review chapters 2-8 and read chapters 9, 10 and 11 of Francine Shapiro’s book: “Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, 2nd Edition”.
To help you complete your Basic Training hours, I offer a discounted 10-Session Group Consultation Package. This package includes all the consultation hours you need to complete your Basic Training (5 hours after weekend 1, and 5 hours after weekend 2), along with a variety of additional resources to help you in your practice.
If you have any questions or would like to set up a consultation session, please call me at (844) 872-8625 or email me at email@example.com