Spiritual Trauma & EMDR Therapy – 7 Steps to Help Clients Heal
EMDRIA-Approved for 5.5 Credits (#15014)
Presented by Mark Odland – MA, LMFT, MDIV
It’s finally here! This Webinar can be virtually-attended from the comfort of your own computer! Once you click the “Register Now” button above, you’ll be able to browse from our many options (see below) and pick the Webinar day and time that’s most convenient for you. Reserve your spot today to lock in the “Early Bird” price of $127.00! If you’re undecided, you can still register with no obligation. Remember, The Course is FREE, so you only pay if you decide to purchase the Posttest for EMDRIA CEs and Professional CEUs after the Webinar is over. Thanks!
– Mark Odland – MA, LMFT, MDIV
Flexible Webinar Options for 2016 Include:
- Tuesday, April 12th at 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, or 6pm
- Wednesday, April 13th at 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, or 6pm
- Thursday, April 14th at 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, or 6pm
- Friday, April 15th at 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, or 6pm
- Saturday, April 16th at 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, or 6pm
After registering two things will happen…
- First, you’ll immediately be redirected to a Confirmation Video explaining everything you need to know about the webinar. It will provide you with a link with your personal “seat” for the webinar. This link takes you to the webpage where the webinar will automatically play when the time comes. In the meantime, this page will have a countdown to the big day, so you’ll never lose track of when the course is. But, if you do happen to miss it, no worries! You can still watch a recording of the webinar on your own time.
- Second, you’ll receive a “Confirmation” Email, so make sure to check the inbox of the email address you provided at registration. If you don’t see it, please check your Junk or Spam folders. This email will provide you with the following:
- simple instructions for how to purchase the Posttest for EMDRIA CEs and Professional CEUs. Remember, although the course is free, you can’t get the Certificate of Completion and course credit without purchasing and passing the posttest.
- your own “Course Roadmap!” (Basically, a simple study guide that follows the course step by step. So, for those wanting CE credit, this resource should help make passing the Post Test a breeze).
Immediately After the Course, you’ll be automatically redirected to a “Thank You” page on my website. Here you’ll find the following…
- Put it Into Practice Guidebook – a straightforward reference guide with all the scripts and interventions necessary to immediately integrate the course interventions into your practice
- Access to Build my Course – an innovative and interactive platform where your questions and ideas help Mark Odland design his next course! Your feedback will help ensure that future offerings are catered to the unique needs of your practice. To say “thank you,” Mark will provide participants with a Coupon for 20% Off his next EMDR course!
- Resources for Healing Spiritual Trauma – you’ll have FREE access to resources like the Spiritual Trauma Checklist, the Spiritual Genogram for EMDR Therapists, and much more.
- Consultation Opportunities – as a course graduate, you’ll have a 10% Discount on any Consultation Package… an opportunity to keep the conversation going around spirituality and EMDR, and even get the hours you need for EMDRIA Certification!
In the months to follow, you’ll receive the following…
- Occasional emails to notify you of Free Bonus Resources and New Course Offerings.
Why this Course?
- There is a Huge Need! Gallup polls confirm that that despite our technological advances, the world remains a very religious place. Trauma, whether experienced in or outside organized religion, often creates a crisis of purpose and meaning, and as EMDR therapists we have the great privilege and responsibility of helping them to heal. Because the instructor is an ordained minister and provides EMDR therapy primarily to clients from a Christian background, this workshop naturally has a Judeo/Christian focus. However, its content has broad-reaching implications for the spectrum of spiritual trauma.
- The Course will be Entertaining! Bilateral Innovations has worked very hard to produce a course that is practical, helpful, and entertaining! During the course be ready for stories, humor, music, time for self-reflection, and thought-provoking imagery (Mark was an art major in college)
About the Presenter
Mark Odland is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice near Minneapolis, MN. As an Approved Supervisor through the Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, he leads a team of therapists whose mission is to provide quality mental health care to the the Twin Cities metropolitan area. As an LMFT, Mark is qualified to treat a wide range of issues. However, he specializes in posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), marriage therapy, family therapy, depression, anxiety, spiritual issues, and addiction. Mark is a CertifiedTherapist with the EMDR International Association, and founder of the EMDRIA group “EMDR Therapy and Spirituality.” He is also an Approved Consultant with both EMDRIA and EMDR HAP (Trauma Recovery), and a HAP Facilitator in Training.
Before earning his Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy and becoming a licensed therapist, Mark received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Art and Religion, and went on to earn a 4-year Master of Divinity Degree from Luther Seminary in St. Paul. He served as an ordained minister in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) before moving into counseling full-time. As an EMDR therapist he strives to help each and every one of his clients to feel that they are truly heard, cared for, valued, and respected. He wants them to know that they are not alone, and that healing and hope are possible. As an artist and musician, when appropriate Mark utilizes creativity in both therapy and EMDR consultation. He recently formed “Bilateral Innovations” in hopes of using this creativity to design high-quality continuing education for other EMDR therapists.
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the rationale for treating spiritual trauma with EMDR therapy.
- Identify at least one common experience of spiritual trauma.
- Identify the importance of being “Present” as a foundational concept for healing spiritual trauma, and identify at least one intervention for implementing the concept of being “Present” with EMDR therapy.
- Identify the importance of “Paradox” for healing spiritual trauma, and identify one intervention for implementing the concept of “Paradox” with EMDR therapy.
- Identify the importance of “Relationship” for healing spiritual trauma, and identify one intervention for implementing the concept of “Relationship” with EMDR therapy.
- Identify the importance of “Empathy” for healing spiritual trauma, and identify one intervention for implementing the concept of “Empathy” with EMDR therapy.
- Identify the importance of “Systems Theory” for healing spiritual trauma, and identify one intervention for implementing the concept of “Systems Theory” with EMDR therapy.
- Identify the importance of “Epistemology” for healing spiritual trauma, and identify one intervention for implementing the concept of “Epistemology” with EMDR therapy.
- Identify the importance of “Neutrality” for healing spiritual trauma, and identify one intervention for implementing the concept of “Neutrality” with EMDR therapy.
- Identify the importance of “Theological Curiosity” for healing spiritual trauma, and identify one intervention for implementing the concept of “Theological Curiosity” with EMDR therapy.
- Identify at least one resources that may be helpful in treating spiritual trauma.
(5.5 hours content + 30 minute break = 6.0 hour investment)
*The course has also been approved by EMDRIA for CEs as an E-Book or MP3 audio file, and these formats may become available at a later date.
*Bilateral Innovations maintains responsibility for this program and its content in accordance with EMDRIA standards.”
*The program is ADA compliant. Please contact Mark Odland if special accommodations are required. He can be reached by phone at (844) 872-8625 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this course, please call us at (844) 872-8625 or fill out the form below: